Sunday, September 22, 2013

The Convention Diaries Revisited

The latest comic con - PalmCon in West Palm Beach - was a rousing success! I sold out of my latest run of Toaster Guy comics! The next run is not anticipated 'til November - when I hope to finish out the series - so anybody desperate for copies, let me know! Here's a good clear shot of the giant cutout I handmade for the show. The best compliment I got was from an artist buddy who said "it doesn't even look like you drew it - it looks printed!" Yes, my goal is for my stuff to not look like it was made by human hands.

But seriously, if anybody else plans on taking their self-published comics to any cons - a custom cutout is a great way to attract attention, especially if your character is bright pink and has a toaster for a head. 'Cause them six foot retractable banners that everybody has... Well, everybody HAS 'em!


No comments:

Post a Comment